News - Archive
DRPA Celebrates National Customer Service Week
Authority employees recognized for their dedication in providing outstanding customer experiences
CAMDEN, NJ - The Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) announced today the agency is participating in Customer Service Week, an international event that recognizes the importance of customer service and honors those who support customers every day. It became a nationally recognized event by proclamation of the U.S. Congress in 1992 and is celebrated during the first full week in October.
“Service” is an integral part of the Authority’s mission, vision, and shared values and this week is a fitting reminder of the Authority’s commitment to go above and beyond serving the public.
“Our commitment to stewardship, service and community helps to ensure that Authority employees understand that each of us is tasked with providing exemplary customer service as we serve as stewards of the public assets with which we are entrusted,” said Toni P. Brown, DRPA Chief Administrative Officer.
The Authority is kicking off the week by recognizing and thanking employees for their commitment in providing excellent service to Authority customers, fellow co-workers and to their communities. The agency will be holding training workshops for employees to hone their customer service skills and to understand the importance of providing an outstanding customer experience.
Each year, staff across all departments of the Authority respond to more than 294,000 requests for service. These services range from answering general inquires to assisting disabled motorists, signing up seniors for discounts to reuniting lost items with train customers. On average, this includes:
- 152,048 telephone calls to PATCO’s 24 hours a day, 365 days a year customer service line.
- 94,448 requests for service by our Police Department, which provides coverage 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to DRPA’s four bridges and PATCO’s 13 train stations.
- 31,968 telephone calls for PATCO FREEDOM Card assistance to our FREEDOM Service Center.
- 9,018 telephone calls to DRPA’s customer service department where calls are answered within three rings during regular business hours.
- 7,000 customer interactions on the Authority’s social media channels which provide customer assistance between 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekdays.
“I am extremely proud of my colleagues and the exceptional service they provide on a daily basis,” said DRPA CEO John T. Hanson. “Authority employees have redefined the concept of superior customer service. I am proud to join in applauding their efforts and those of the many others throughout the region who share their commitment.”
As part of the week-long commemoration, the Ben Franklin Bridge will be illuminated in magenta October 1st through the 5th to honor, not only the DRPA/PATCO employees who have committed themselves to providing superior customer service, but also the countless employees throughout the region who have also taken on the challenge of exceeding the expectations of their customers every day.
[ Return to List ]