News - Archive
Travel Advisory - Walt Whitman Bridge Toll Plaza Paving Overnight Work (3/28-3/31)
During the week of March 27, the Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) will conduct milling, paving and striping work around the toll plaza on the Pennsylvania side of the Walt Whitman Bridge. To minimize disruptions to traffic, the work will take place overnight between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Lane closures are scheduled. In addition, one half of the toll plaza will be closed and will fully reopen by 5 a.m. for the morning rush hours.
The following lane restrictions will be in place during the overnight hours:
Tuesday, March 28 & Wednesday, March 29 between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The left-hand lanes and the left shoulder of I-76 Westbound between the toll plaza and 7th Street will be closed for the paving work.
- The right-hand toll lanes (1 through 7) will be open.
- Two right-hand bridge lanes will be open westbound.
***CANCELED*** Thursday, March 30 between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m
- The right-hand lanes and the right shoulder of I-76 Westbound between the toll plaza and 7th Street will be closed for paving. The ramp to I-95 (Exit 351) will be closed and will detour traffic to the next exit (Exit 350) around Packer Ave. to Front Street to the I-95 on ramps. See map below for detour information.
- Left-hand toll lanes (8 through 15) will be open.
- Two left-hand bridge lanes will be open westbound.
Friday, March 31 between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Reserved as a make-up time for any work requiring rescheduling or completing.
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through these areas. All work is weather permitting.
[ Return to List ]