News - Archive
Travel Advisory - Walt Whitman Bridge Milling & Paving Work on I-76 Eastbound and I-95 Entrance Ramps
Philadelphia, PA- Beginning Monday, August 22, the Delaware River Port Authority (DRPA) will begin a milling and paving project on the Pennsylvania side of the Walt Whitman Bridge.
In order to minimize disruptions to traffic, the work will take place overnight between the hours of 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. and will last approximately four nights. Lane closures and alternating lanes of traffic are expected in work areas. Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through these areas. All work is weather permitting.
The following lane restrictions will be in place:
Monday, August 22 between 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The left and center lanes of I-76 Eastbound between Broad and Darrien Streets will be closed.
- The South Broad Street ramp to I-76 will be closed. A detour will be in place directing motorists to make a left on Curtin St., left on Broad St. to the I-76E/Bridge entrance ramp.
Tuesday, August 23 between 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The I-95 South ramp to the Walt Whitman Bridge will be closed. A detour will be in place directing motorists to Packer Avenue, left on Front Street to the I-76E/Bridge entrance ramp.
- The right lane and shoulder of I-76 Eastbound between Broad and Darrien Streets will be closed.
Wednesday, August 24 between 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- The I-95 North to the Walt Whitman Bridge will be closed. A detour will be in place directing motorists to continue on Packer Avenue to the I-76E/Bridge entrance ramp located past 7th Street.
Thursday, August 24 between 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Intermittent stoppages at the toll plaza in the westbound direction will occur. Crews will relocate construction barriers from plaza lanes 3 through 5 to lanes 5 through 7. A new traffic pattern will be in place for the Friday morning rush hour in which toll lanes 1 through 4 and lanes 8 through 15 will be available to motorists.
[ Return to List ]