News - Archive
Ben Franklin Bridge Lighting Schedule for Set for October
The Delaware River Port Authority today announced the Ben Franklin Bridge lighting schedule for the month of October.
The bridge will be lit the following colors on the following evenings:
- October 1 and most evenings in October – Pink to kick off “Lights for the Cure” campaign to kick off Breast Cancer Awareness Month, sponsored by Susan G. Komen for the Cure and CBS-3’s Women of Eyewitness News.
- October 8 – Red, white and blue to celebrate Columbus Day.
- October 18 – Blue to raise awareness of afterschool programs.
- October 20 – Red to promote the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s “Light the Night® Walk”.
- October 21 through October 26 – Red to raise awareness of drug enforcement and interdiction efforts during the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency’s Red Ribbon Week.
- October 27 through October 30 – Purple to raise awareness of domestic violence.
October 31 – Orange to warn everyone about the scary things afoot on Halloween.
The Delaware River Port Authority is a regional transportation agency that connects millions of people and businesses in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The DRPA owns and operates the PATCO commuter rail line and the Benjamin Franklin, Walt Whitman, Commodore Barry and Betsy Ross toll bridges. The DRPA also owns the RiverLink Ferry.
[ Return to List ]