News - Archive
Ben Franklin Bridge May Lighting to Honor Sixers, Rutgers-Camden Alumni, Mothers, Girl Scouts and U.S. Armed Forces
The Delaware River Port Authority announced the Ben Franklin Bridge lighting schedule for the month of May.
The bridge will be lit the following colors on the following evenings:
- May 1 – Flyers orange on the evenings of most home playoff games. The only exceptions will be games scheduled when bridge lighting is committed to other organizations.
- May 10 – Sixers blue on the evenings of most home playoff games. The only exceptions will be games scheduled when bridge lighting is committed to other organizations.
- May 12 – Red to honor Rutgers University-Camden’s annual alumni gathering, “Reunion on the River.”
- May 13 – Magenta to celebrate Mother’s Day.
- May 18 and 19 – Green to honor the international meeting of the World Association of Girl Guides & Girl Scouts in Philadelphia.
- May 27 through May 30 – Red, white and blue to celebrate Memorial Day weekend and honor the sacrifices made by generations of U.S. service people.
The Delaware River Port Authority is a regional transportation agency that connects millions of people and businesses in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The DRPA owns and operates the PATCO commuter rail line and the Benjamin Franklin, Walt Whitman, Commodore Barry and Betsy Ross toll bridges. The DRPA also owns the RiverLink Ferry.
[ Return to List ]