News - Archive
Walt Whitman Bridge Travel Alert for Sunday, August 6 and Sunday, August 13
On Sunday, August 6 and Sunday, August 13, the Walt Whitman Bridge and its adjacent ramps will be closed in the westbound direction for approximately one half hour from 2 to 2:30 a.m. as workers perform electrical repairs. All motorists trying to access the Walt Whitman Bridge in the westbound direction will be diverted to the Ben Franklin Bridge. Eastbound traffic will not be affected.
Detours are as follows:
• Motorists traveling on Route 42 will be diverted to Route 676 to access the Ben Franklin Bridge.
• Motorists traveling north on the Black Horse Pike will be diverted to Route 676 to access the Ben Franklin Bridge.
• Motorists traveling on Route 130 south will be diverted to Route 676 to access the Ben Franklin Bridge.
Ramp closures are as follows:
• The ramp that connects Collins Road with the Walt Whitman Bridge will be closed. All traffic will be diverted to Route 130 south.
• The ramp from Route 676 south to the Walt Whitman Bridge westbound will be closed.
For updated travel information visit our website at www.drpa.org. For future information on the Walt Whitman Bridge, please sign up for DRPA's Email Notification program at http://www.drpa.org/special/email_add.asp.
The Delaware River Port Authority is a regional transportation and development agency. DRPA owns and operates the Benjamin Franklin, Walt Whitman, Commodore Barry and Betsy Ross bridges, and the PATCO High Speed Line, the Philadelphia Cruise Terminal at Pier 1 and the RiverLink Ferry.
[ Return to List ]