The Delaware River Port Authority of Pennsylvania and New Jersey is a regional transportation agency serving the people of Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. DRPA owns and operates the Benjamin Franklin, Walt Whitman, Commodore Barry, and Betsy Ross bridges. All four bridges are part of the E-ZPass Electronic Toll Collection network.
Emphasizing safety and customer service, the DRPA provides quality transportation services across the river and invests in the economic growth of Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey.
Customer Service Standards
At DRPA, our goal is to provide excellent customer service both externally and internally. To that end, our employees helped to develop the following standards for customer service.
To accomplish our mission and create a positive work environment for all, we must work cooperatively. As team members, we will:
Trust, respect, support and assist our co-workers
Work cooperatively, as members of a team
Acknowledge our co-workers' contributions
Contribute to a positive work environment
Be timely and meet deadlines
Customer Service is Everyone's ResponsibilityDeliver Courteous Service
- We will be friendly and introduce ourselves by name and department.
- We will be courteous, fair, responsible and professional at all times.
- We will provide information that is accurate and current.
- We will be positive.
- We will demonstrate our respect for our customers and the Authority through our behavior and our words.
- We will protect the confidentiality of information.
- We will show empathy.
- We will respect other people's time.
- We will provide clear, accurate and timely response to all requests.
- We will acknowledge your request promptly.
- We will answer the phone within 3 rings whenever possible.
- We will return phone calls within a business day 90 % of the time.
- We will respond to emails within 3 business days 95% of the time.
- We will respond to letters and faxes within 5 business days 95% of the time
- If we cannot resolve an issue within the above time frame, an interim response will be given.
- If we refer the matter to someone else, we will give the customer that person's name and contact information.
- We will listen. If in person, we will maintain eye contact.
- We will ask for clarification if needed. We will invite and answer questions.
- We will explain policies, plans and procedures in words our customers understand.
- We will listen to, accept, and whenever possible, act upon customer feedback.